A Guide to Spring Cleaning
It’s that time of the year again, when the harsh UK winter leaves and moderate temperatures signal the arrival of spring, and after months of stodgy air, it is time to throw open the windows and let some fresh air in. A long weekend and a little planning is all it takes to give the home a thorough clean out, and with that in mind, here are some tips to ensure the project goes well.
Planning the Spring Clean
Make a list of items you will need, which include:
- Mops, buckets, brooms and dusters – Assuming you are enlisting the help of the family, everyone should have specific tasks.
- Rubbish bags – Large size and at least one dozen.
- Cleaning materials – Glass cleaner, toilet cleaning products, floor cleaning solution and furniture polish.
- Several pairs of stepladders – Cleaning ceilings and around light fittings requires the use of a small pair of stepladders, and a couple would be ideal.
- Blankets and old bedsheets – To cover the carpet (essential)
- Dry cotton – For polishing and buffing.
This would be the very past thing on the list, and with reliable carpet cleaners in London who can be found online, you can arrange for the carpets to be cleaned right after the cleaning is completed. Once the carpets have been deep cleaned, the whole house will smell like a field of flowers, and you are all set for an incredible summer.
It is a good idea to hire a skip for all the waste (there will be waste), which can be taken away and recycled. If everyone knows their tasks and you have all the equipment at hand, the job should take two days and then you have a spotless home.