5 Points of a Roof Inspection
The roof is the most important component of your home, therefore it does require some regular care and attention, if it is to protect the building. You should arrange for an annual roof inspection, which will reveal any minor issues, and with affordable roof repair in Edinburgh, your roof will soon be fixed. Here are 5 of the aspects to a roof inspection:
- Cleaning Out the Guttering – The guttering offers an essential escape route for excess rainwater, and should it become clogged, water will cascade down the exterior walls and you certainly don’t want that. Wet leaves and small branches can easily create a blockage, and you are advised to check your guttering after every bout of heavy weather.
- Check for Missing Roof Tiles – Replacing where necessary, using matching tiles.
- Checking Flashing & Chimney – Essentially looking for storm damage.
- Close Inspection of Fascia & Soffit Boards – These protect the roof line and the underside and are usually made from timber, which needs to be primed and painted. Many UK homeowners replace them with PVC sections, which are maintenance free, plus it comes in a range of attractive colours.
- Power Wash – This is an optional extra that you really should ask for, and once the roof has been cleaned, have it sealed with a special coating, and that will prolong the life of your roof.
If you haven’t had your roof inspected for a few years, talk to your local roofer, who would be happy to come round and take a look.